1. Registration -There will be an annual non- refundable registration fee of $35 per student which must be paid in full before a student is placed on the class list and allowed to participate.
2. Tuition Payments – payments will be due according to the posted schedule.
3. Late Fees- A $35.00 late fee will be added to ALL accounts that are paid past the first of each month for monthly payment plans. A $35.00 late fee will be added to ALL accounts that are paid past the due date for the other payment plans. Payments are expected to be on time regardless of whether or not your child has been in class. Students may not be allowed to participate if accounts are more than 30 days late.
4. Returned Checks - A charge of $35 will be billed to your account for any returned checks.
5. Refunds – Dance Express has a NO REFUND policy.
6. End of Year Show – There are additional costume costs involved in performing at the end of the year. See section under “End of Year Performance”.
1. Communication- Dance Express uses EMAIL as its main source of communication. It is the responsibility of parents to be informed of upcoming events, tuition deadlines, rehearsals, etc. regardless of email status. Parents and students should be checking office message boards regularly as well.
2. Questions/concerns – We do our best to provide the most professional, organized and friendly atmosphere possible. If you have a question or concern, we are here for you. However, we would appreciate it if you not approach the instructor during class time or between classes to discuss the matter. Leave a message at the front desk asking for the instructor to contact you as soon as possible. If your student is unhappy with something that happened during a class, please ask to speak to the director, Miss Jaime. Often there is simply a miscommunication.
3. Withdraw – Should you or your child decide to withdraw from a class, PLEASE let us know so that we can adjust our class plans and allow a new student to fill the empty space. If your child is absent for two weeks and we have not heard from you, we may assume that you have withdrawn and the space may be filled.
No refunds will be given.
You are responsible for the remainder of the tuition for the year at the time of withdrawing.
Class & Student Expectations
1.Class Placement- Ages/Grades are simply a guideline. While students must meet minimum age requirements by Sept. 1st, instructors may occasionally override this in order to place a student in a class best suited for him/her regardless of age. We feel that once a student reaches age 11, she/he is mature enough to handle themselves properly during class with little discipline. At this stage, a student’s level is top priority over his/her age. For younger classes, we work to provide levels within more specific age ranges. Friends or siblings wishing to be in the same class will be placed in the class best suited for the lower level or younger student.
2. Class Contracts – Many classes will be implementing “Class Expectation Agreements”. These are a list of age appropriate rules that instructors expect each student to follow. Students will review these expectations during the first class and then sign the “contract” in agreement of the expectations. A copy of the agreement will be available in the office.
3. Attendance – Students are expected to attend regularly. In the event of an unavoidable absence, classes may be made up within one (1) month from the date missed. Call the office to reserve your spot for a make-up class. Classes WILL NOT be refunded or credited due to student absences or snow days. PLEASE CALL TO INFORM US OF ANY ABSENCES. We need to know that our students are safe. We also often need to revise our class plans based on a student’s absence.
4. Tardiness - Students are expected to arrive early so that they are dressed, can use the bathroom, and are in the studio ready to begin class at the start time. Tardiness is disruptive to everyone involved in the class. PLEASE CALL TO INFORM US IF YOUR STUDENT WILL BE LATE. There may be times, if a student is more than 15 minutes late for a class, he/she will be asked to sit and observe. Executing certain moves without proper warm up can be very dangerous and lead to serious injuries. Students can learn a lot by observing others in the class. Students who are continually late, absent or disruptive may be dismissed from the class.
5. Dress Code/Class Behavior – Students are expected to dress properly and to conduct themselves in a respectful manner at all times. Continuous disruptive behavior is unfair to the teacher and to the students who want to learn. Students who continually cause problems in class will be dismissed. It is essential that all students be in proper dress code. Students who cannot follow these basic rules will not be allowed to participate. Parents are expected to support these rules and explain their importance to children. No refunds will be given. No gum, candy, food, or drinks other than water are allowed in the teaching area.
Holidays/Snow Policies/ Drop off & Pick up
1. Holidays – Please check the website, answering machine, office boards, and the “Important Dates to Remember” sheet for Dance Express’ holiday schedule.
2. Snow Policy – Dance Express follows the Hewlett/Woodmere School district for inclement weather. Should we need to cancel, we will immediately announce this on our website home page as well as our FACEBOOK page.
If weather conditions are questionable, please wait until it is close to the time you need to leave and then call our office or check the website. If you call too early, we may not have made a decision yet. A normal voice mail and website means that we have not canceled. Classes will not be refunded or credited due to bad weather. A make-up class may be taken if we cancel or if you simply do not feel it's safe to drive on that day.
If you plan to take a make-up class, please contact the office to reserve your spot.
3. Drop Off – Students who are mature enough to look after themselves, sit and read or do homework while waiting for class are welcome to come early if needed; however, younger students should be accompanied by an adult or should not be dropped off until it is time for their class.
Please keep in mind that the lobby should remain quiet while classes are in session.
4. Pick Up – For the safety of your children, we ask that NO students wait outside alone to be picked up.
There is a window at the door specifically for them to be waiting safely inside where they can see when you arrive.
5. Lobby Noise – Please be aware that the lobby needs to remain as quiet as possible while classes are in session. Students and office staff are especially affected by the loud noises in the lobby as classes dismiss.
1032 Broadway, Rear Entrance
Woodmere, NY 11598
Phone: 516 295-2800
Or use our contact form.
MON 4pm to 8:45pm
TUE 3pm to 9:30pm
WED 3pm to 9:30pm
THU 3pm to 9:30pm
FRI 12noon to 5:30pm
SAT 10am to 2pm
Summer Dance Camp 2019
Recieved 5% OFF if you register for SUMMER 2019 by
February 1, 2019
Mondays through Fridays 10:00am - 3:00pm. The dancers will have dance classes everyday as well as time for arts, crafts, snacks and lunch. Each camp session includes 4 trips. Camp is available by the day, week or full session.
July 1, 2019 - July 26, 2019
July 29, 2019 - August 23, 2019
Adult Dance & Fitness FALL 2018
Dance Express offers an array of ADULT ONLY classes that range from Ballet to Krav Maga and everything in between. Please contact the studio for more information on these fabulous programs!