1. Registration -There will be an annual non- refundable registration fee of $35 per student which must be paid in full before a student is placed on the class list and allowed to participate.
2. Tuition Payments – payments will be due according to the posted schedule.
3. Late Fees- A $35.00 late fee will be added to ALL accounts that are paid past the first of each month for monthly payment plans. A $35.00 late fee will be added to ALL accounts that are paid past the due date for the other payment plans. Payments are expected to be on time regardless of whether or not your child has been in class. Students may not be allowed to participate if accounts are more than 30 days late.
4. Returned Checks - A charge of $35 will be billed to your account for any returned checks.
5. Refunds – Dance Express has a NO REFUND policy.
6. End of Year Show – There are additional costume costs involved in performing at the end of the year.
See section under “End of Year Performance”.
1. Communication- Dance Express uses the REMIND.COM app as its main source of communication. It is the responsibility of parents to assure the app is installed and updated in order to be informed of upcoming events, tuition deadlines, rehearsals, etc. Parents and students should be checking office message boards regularly as well.
2. Questions/concerns – We do our best to provide the most professional, organized and friendly atmosphere possible. If you have a question or concern, we are here for you. However, we would appreciate it if you not approach the instructor during class time or between classes to discuss the matter. Leave a message at the front desk asking for the instructor to contact you as soon as possible. If your student is unhappy with something that happened during a class, please ask to speak to the director, Miss Jaime. Often there is simply a miscommunication.
3. Withdraw – Should you or your child decide to withdraw from a class, PLEASE let us know so that we can adjust our class plans and allow a new student to fill the empty space. If your child is absent for two weeks and we have not heard from you, we may assume that you have withdrawn and the space may be filled.
No refunds will be given.
You are responsible for the remainder of the tuition for the year at the time of withdrawing.
Class & Student Expectations
1.Class Placement- Ages/Grades are simply a guideline. While students must meet minimum age requirements by Sept. 1st, instructors may occasionally override this in order to place a student in a class best suited for him/her regardless of age. We feel that once a student reaches age 11, she/he is mature enough to handle themselves properly during class with little discipline. At this stage, a student’s level is top priority over his/her age. For younger classes, we work to provide levels within more specific age ranges. Friends or siblings wishing to be in the same class will be placed in the class best suited for the lower level or younger student.
2. Class Contracts – Many classes will be implementing “Class Expectation Agreements”. These are a list of age appropriate rules that instructors expect each student to follow. Students will review these expectations during the first class and then sign the “contract” in agreement of the expectations. A copy of the agreement will be available in the office.
3. Attendance – Students are expected to attend class regularly. In the event of an unavoidable absence, classes may be made up within one (1) month from the date missed. Call the office to reserve your spot for a make-up class. Classes WILL NOT be refunded or credited due to student absences or snow days. PLEASE CALL TO INFORM US OF ANY ABSENCES. We need to know that our students are safe. We also often need to revise our class plans based on a student’s absence.
4. Tardiness - Students are expected to arrive early so that they are dressed, can use the bathroom, and are in the studio ready to begin class at the start time. Tardiness is disruptive to everyone involved in the class. PLEASE CALL TO INFORM US IF YOUR STUDENT WILL BE LATE. There may be times, if a student is more than 15 minutes late for a class, he/she will be asked to sit and observe. Executing certain moves without proper warm up can be very dangerous and lead to serious injuries. Students can learn a lot by observing others in the class. Students who are continually late, absent or disruptive may be dismissed from the class.
5. Dress Code/Class Behavior – Students are expected to dress properly and to conduct themselves in a respectful manner at all times. Continuous disruptive behavior is unfair to the teacher and to the students who want to learn. Students who continually cause problems in class will be dismissed. It is essential that all students be in proper dress code. Students who cannot follow these basic rules will not be allowed to participate. Parents are expected to support these rules and explain their importance to children. No refunds will be given. No gum, candy, food, or drinks other than water are allowed in the teaching area.
Holidays/Snow Policies/ Drop off & Pick up
1. Holidays – Please check the website, social media, office boards, and the “Important Dates to Remember” sheet for Dance Express’ holiday schedule.
2. Snow Policy – Dance Express follows the Hewlett/Woodmere School district for inclement weather. Should we need to cancel, we will immediately announce this vis REMIND, on our website home page as well as our FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM pages.
If weather conditions are questionable, please wait until it is close to the time you need to leave and then call our office or check the website. If you call too early, we may not have made a decision yet. Classes will not be refunded or credited due to bad weather. Make-up classes will be added to the schedule following the recital in May.
If you plan to take a make-up class, please contact the office to reserve your spot.
3. Drop Off – Students who are mature enough to look after themselves, sit and read or do homework while waiting for class are welcome to come early if needed; however, younger students should be accompanied by an adult and should not be dropped off until it is time for their class.
Please keep in mind that the lobby should remain quiet while classes are in session.
4. Pick Up – For the safety of your children, we ask that NO students wait outside alone to be picked up.
There is a lobby specifically for them to be waiting safely inside where they can see when you arrive.
5. Lobby Noise – Please be aware that the lobby needs to remain as quiet as possible while classes are in session. Students and office staff are especially affected by the loud noises in the lobby as classes dismiss.
1032 Broadway, Rear Entrance
Woodmere, NY 11598
Or use our contact form.
WEEK OF December 30th
Summer Dance Camp 2020
BEGINS MONDAY JUNE 29th
Mondays through Fridays 9:30am - 4:00pm.
The dancers will have dance classes everyday as well as time for arts, crafts, snacks and lunch. Each camp session includes 4 trips.
Camp is available by the day, week or full session.
June 29, 2020 - July 24, 2020
July 27, 2020 - August 21, 2020
Adult Dance & Fitness SPRING 2020
Dance Express offers an array of ADULT ONLY classes that range from Ballet to Krav Maga and everything in between. Please contact the studio for more information on these fabulous programs!